I was all poised to write something witty and amusing. But I can't. I'm a bit busy.
Yesterday, in the big kitchen, I inadvertently started a fire.
I did not pay due regard to Kate's protests that she could smell something burning. I checked every pot, repeatedly reassuring her that everything was under control. She continued to comment from time to time that she could most certainly smell something burning.
By the time I noticed the handle of my wooden spoon, which had slid under a large pot and was now sitting against the gas flame, it was well alight.
There was something burning after all.
Thankfully, I recalled my emergency training. In the event of a kitchen fire: put it out. I whacked at the flames with the metal spoon I happened to be holding at the time. The bonfire, now occurring on the kitchen bench, rather than under the pot, continued.So I'm a bit busy. I need to go and find new utensils. I also need to update my emergency training manual. In the event of a kitchen fire: Resuscitating your staff may be required. Rather than rendering assistance, staff may be found slumped against the kitchen bench laughing hysterically and unable to breathe.
We exist to care for you through really good food. Whether it's your weeknight family meal, your big life celebrations or your large corporate events, we'd love to cook for you.
And together, we can change the daily lives of families living with disability. Find out about our social mission here.